New Hosting Company

Communicate with Management.

Moderator: Brian

Re: New Hosting Company

Postby Brian » Sun May 02, 2010 2:46 pm

It turns out that users don't have the ability to delete posts. If you need a post deleted, please contact me or one of the global mods.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Linnea » Sun May 02, 2010 3:03 pm

You can delete it within the same time frame as you can edit... I tried it in the test area.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby 2bits » Sun May 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Linnea wrote:
2bits wrote:
Brian wrote:I've now changed the editing limit to 15 minutes.

why? what difference does it make if they want to edit their posts 3 hours from when they are made.

this post editing time limit stuff is stupid and childish!

Do you ever post anything besides complaints?

Do you ever mind your own fucking business?

Since you have no power to make changes to the forum, This pretty much remains none of your business.

Obviously the 15 minute rule is a favorite of the old admin so I really don't expect it to change , but that does not mean I have to like it .

I still think its stupid .
Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country.

John Adams
2bits

Postby Linnea » Sun May 02, 2010 7:16 pm

I'll take that as a resounding "NO!" :roll:
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sun May 02, 2010 9:29 pm

2bits wrote:
Linnea wrote:
2bits wrote:

why? what difference does it make if they want to edit their posts 3 hours from when they are made.

Since you have no power to make changes to the forum, This pretty much remains none of your business.

Obviously the 15 minute rule is a favorite of the old admin so I really don't expect it to change , but that does not mean I have to like it .

First, please keep the discussion respectful. Everyone should know better than that by now.

Secondly, the 15 minute rule wasn't a "favorite of the old admin". The old board used different forum software. I don't remember what the default was for that incarnation of the forum, but it was certainly different than this one.

For the record, after discussing it with the global mods, I compromised and made the limit a half an hour. The fact that the post will now reveal when a post has been edited should minimize chicanery.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Brian wrote:
2bits wrote:
Linnea wrote:
2bits wrote:

First, please keep the discussion respectful. Everyone should know better than that by now.

Secondly, the 15 minute rule wasn't a "favorite of the old admin". The old board used different forum software. I don't remember what the default was for that incarnation of the forum, but it was certainly different than this one.

For the record, after discussing it with the global mods, I compromised and made the limit a half an hour. The fact that the post will now reveal when a post has been edited should minimize chicanery.

I have no problem being civil, tell that to the antagonist of the topic it seems to think that it has something to say about how another member posts.

1/2 hour is better than nothing and the edit tag will certianly help , If I email you to remove links to my photo's Im sure you won't have a problem with that so its all good.
Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country.

John Adams
2bits

Postby 24HourNut » Mon May 03, 2010 12:17 am

2bits wrote:I post pictures and content that I may not want to leave for eternity in a post.

My coin pictures for example, I like to retain ownership of them limiting my access to them is verboten.

the real secret to keeping the smart asses from being able to change something much later is a an edit stamp.

Don't ever post anything you don't want to exist for "eternity." Also, if you are so worried about that, host your own images then you can easily render all older links to them invalid. In addition, your personal needs do not trump the general need to keep thread and post integrity which is ruined when you can't trust how past posts were altered (which a time stamp doesn't help). Then of course you can also rely on the kindness of admins or mods to edit your photos, as Brian suggested.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby 2bits » Mon May 03, 2010 12:38 am

24HourNut wrote:
2bits wrote:I post pictures and content that I may not want to leave for eternity in a post.

My coin pictures for example, I like to retain ownership of them limiting my access to them is verboten.

the real secret to keeping the smart asses from being able to change something much later is a an edit stamp.

Don't ever post anything you don't want to exist for "eternity." Also, if you are so worried about that, host your own images then you can easily render all older links to them invalid. In addition, your personal needs do not trump the general need to keep thread and post integrity which is ruined when you can't trust how past posts were altered (which a time stamp doesn't help). Then of course you can also rely on the kindness of admins or mods to edit your photos, as Brian suggested.

what might your position here at 24 be?

do you have any authority ?

I will post my photo's when and if I want to, they remain my personal property they are unique works and are covered under copywrite laws no matter what you may think and I will delete them how I have to or want to which is determined by the admin and their regulations.

since my access is limited by the rules of the forum the admin becomes responsible for removing them on my demand.

thanks for contributing to the topic .

John Adams
2bits

Postby Linnea » Mon May 03, 2010 6:31 am

Asking a simple question is considered antagonistic? Anyone reading this thread can clearly see who the antagonistic member here is. Please don't tell me where or on what subject I can comment. Thank you.
Linnea
Contributor

Postby 2bits » Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 am

Linnea wrote:Asking a simple question is considered antagonistic? Anyone reading this thread can clearly see who the antagonistic member here is. Please don't tell me where or on what subject I can comment. Thank you.

You're right everyone reading the thread will know who posted a personal jab instead of an on topic contribution.

John Adams
2bits

PreviousNext

Return to 24's Headquarters