[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
24hourforums.com • View topic - New Hosting Company

New Hosting Company

Communicate with Management.

Moderator: Brian

New Hosting Company

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 am

Hi, Everyone.

Overnight, I switched hosting companies. We're now going with DreamHost as our hosting company. This should lead to a more reliable experience for everyone (no more SQL errors, for one thing...).

A day or two's worth of postings may have been lost, but other than that, you should see no impact. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Brian
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New Hosting Company

Postby shimmy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:48 pm

So far working GREAT, Faster and no more stupid errors...

:woo: :woo:

Good Move Brian... :walk:
shimmy
Global Moderator

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks, Shimmy. :)

I think a big difference here is that Dreamhost (which we're using now) uses MySQL 5, whereas the old company uses MySQL 4. Also, Dreamhost has much better technical support. I can (usually) go online and chat with a customer support person, whereas I would have to send an e-mail through the old host's system, and wait for someone to get back to me. (And more often than not, the answer, as it was last time, was "Oh, we can guarantee that doesn't happen again, if you upgrade..."). :angryfire:

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I've now changed the editing limit to 15 minutes.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Sun May 02, 2010 9:18 am

Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country.

John Adams
2bits

Postby 24HourNut » Sun May 02, 2010 9:32 am

24HourNut
Contributor

Postby 2bits » Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 am

I post pictures and content that I may not want to leave for eternity in a post.

My coin pictures for example, I like to retain ownership of them limiting my access to them is verboten.

the real secret to keeping the smart asses from being able to change something much later is a an edit stamp.
Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country.

John Adams
2bits

Postby Brian » Sun May 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Linnea » Sun May 02, 2010 2:28 pm