New Hosting Company

Communicate with Management.

Moderator: Brian

Re: New Hosting Company

Postby Linnea » Mon May 03, 2010 8:03 am

Brian wrote:Hi, Everyone.

Overnight, I switched hosting companies. We're now going with DreamHost as our hosting company. This should lead to a more reliable experience for everyone (no more SQL errors, for one thing...).

A day or two's worth of postings may have been lost, but other than that, you should see no impact. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Brian

Seems to be working a lot better than the old one, I haven't gotten a single error message yet *knocks on wood*
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Mon May 03, 2010 8:42 am

Linnea wrote:
Brian wrote:Hi, Everyone.

Overnight, I switched hosting companies. We're now going with DreamHost as our hosting company. This should lead to a more reliable experience for everyone (no more SQL errors, for one thing...).

A day or two's worth of postings may have been lost, but other than that, you should see no impact. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Brian

Seems to be working a lot better than the old one, I haven't gotten a single error message yet *knocks on wood*

No me neither.

So far so good.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby 24HourNut » Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 am

So far so good here.
24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Brian » Mon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

I think this company's much better than the last one. With this one, technical support actually answers your questions. When I checked my old account on the other host before closing it, I still had my original two tickets open.

The main problem is that, as my friend put it, setting up a web host is easy. All you have to do is make server space available to people and install some basic applications. It's support that's hard, and that's where most of the companies screw up, because they hire people who don't know :WTF: they're doing. So far, these guys seem to be on the ball. Plus, they're using MySQL 5, rather than MySQL 4, so that might have some stability advantages.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 24's Headquarters