Site Funding

Communicate with Management.

Moderator: Brian

How should the site be funded?

1) $10/year access to the Insult and/or Sex forums.
27%
2) $5/year access to the site as a whole.
27%
3) Monthly fee for running your own forum. (With this fee, you would be entitled to do whatever you wanted to do in your forum, because it would be well and truly yours.
18%
4) I've bot a better idea. (See below.)
27%

Total votes : 11

Re: Site Funding

Postby Brian » Thu May 06, 2010 7:02 pm

2bits wrote:BY the way,I didn't ask for a refund, nor was it proper of you to post it here either.

Donations amounts are what Brian? are they private info? ban yourself dude.

You're the one who brought up funds and said it was unfair to close a forum when it was part of a package and funds were collected. That's why I gave you the refund. I was actually trying to be nice about it. (And I never mentioned the amount of your donation, by the way.) Everyone knows you contributed money because there's a ranking that I created for contributors. Like on the "old" 24, it's there to give credit where credit is due. This was a topic discussed when the contributions were requested.

Again, anyone who contributed solely so that we could have an Insult forum is entitled to a refund, and I'll gladly give it to you.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby 2bits » Thu May 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Brian wrote:
2bits wrote:BY the way,I didn't ask for a refund, nor was it proper of you to post it here either.

Donations amounts are what Brian? are they private info? ban yourself dude.

You're the one who brought up funds and said it was unfair to close a forum when it was part of a package and funds were collected. That's why I gave you the refund. I was actually trying to be nice about it. (And I never mentioned the amount of your donation, by the way.) Everyone knows you contributed money because there's a ranking that I created for contributors. Like on the "old" 24, it's there to give credit where credit is due. This was a topic discussed when the contributions were requested.

Again, anyone who contributed solely so that we could have an Insult forum is entitled to a refund, and I'll gladly give it to you.

who's business was it if you gave me a refund or not?

wasn't that between you and me? personal information ?

I think most everyone can see that you decided to make a public example out of me all your own.
Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country.

John Adams
2bits

Postby Brian » Thu May 06, 2010 9:22 pm

2bits wrote:who's business was it if you gave me a refund or not?

You publicly called me out about the fund issue, so I answered you publicly. Seems fair enough to me. If you wanted to keep it private, you could've made it private by PM'ing me or emailing me. You wanted to shame me into putting the forum back up by pointing out that you put funds up for it. You failed.

2bits wrote:wasn't that between you and me? personal information ?

No, not at all. The fact that you were a contributor was made public (as explained earlier in this thread). And you made public your desire to either have the forum or the money back. I gave you your wish. If I hadn't done so publicly, you could have (and probably would have) kept bitching about how you felt cheated because you contributed but don't have the Insult forum. So I gave you your money back and let it be known publicly.

2bits wrote:I think most everyone can see that you decided to make a public example out of me all your own.

Nope. Now I'm making a public example out of you. I'm tired of you whining about every little thing. You're outta here.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Linnea » Thu May 06, 2010 9:28 pm

:rofl2:
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Fri May 07, 2010 7:29 am

Believe me, that guys raison d etre here was to shit stir and cause trouble, nothing more.

Good riddance to more bad rubbish.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Brian » Fri May 07, 2010 9:22 am

Cynicalninja wrote:Believe me, that guys raison d etre here was to shit stir and cause trouble, nothing more.

Good riddance to more bad rubbish.

I'd noticed that. I'd really tried to cut him some slack in the past, but there's only so much I can tolerate.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Linnea » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Brian wrote:
2bits wrote:who's business was it if you gave me a refund or not?

You publicly called me out about the fund issue, so I answered you publicly. Seems fair enough to me. If you wanted to keep it private, you could've made it private by PM'ing me or emailing me. You wanted to shame me into putting the forum back up by pointing out that you put funds up for it. You failed.

2bits wrote:wasn't that between you and me? personal information ?

No, not at all. The fact that you were a contributor was made public (as explained earlier in this thread). And you made public your desire to either have the forum or the money back. I gave you your wish. If I hadn't done so publicly, you could have (and probably would have) kept bitching about how you felt cheated because you contributed but don't have the Insult forum. So I gave you your money back and let it be known publicly.

2bits wrote:I think most everyone can see that you decided to make a public example out of me all your own.

Nope. Now I'm making a public example out of you. I'm tired of you whining about every little thing. You're outta here.

Ahem! Sure you want this guy back? :argue:

Anyway, the reason I was going through this thread is to find your paypal info to contribute again. Can you create a contribute button for the feeble minded such as myself?
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Linnea wrote:Ahem! Sure you want this guy back? :argue:

Anyway, the reason I was going through this thread is to find your paypal info to contribute again. Can you create a contribute button for the feeble minded such as myself?

I had no idea that was still up here in this thread. Think I'm going to take the thread down and put a new one up.

I'll also post a donate link. I thought I had one up on the site at one point, but I guess I took it down.

As for 2bits: Let's just say I'm not going to keep anyone away right now.

I'm going to think about the donation policy more, though. Because of what happened before, I'm thinking of a "no refunds" policy. I also want to make it clear that contribution might give you more control over a forum, but it doesn't give you final say. There seemed to be a lot of confusion around that issue. I'm still the admin of the site, and since I bear the responsibility should something happen, I also have to be the final word on how the board runs.

Brian
Site Admin

Postby Linnea » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:41 pm

I think most people realize a donation is merely that... giving to Red Cross doesn't give you the power to make policy changes in the organization. It's just common sense, you shouldn't have to spell that out.
Linnea
Contributor

Postby silverpop » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:10 pm

once again try having banners to help pay the bills ,this give money to the forum will chase off new members

i know of a lot of sites that have banners and guess what they don't ask for funding cause they have plenty of funding
expect the unexpected

15 yrs unoffically

1997-Present
silverpop

PreviousNext

Return to 24's Headquarters