Forums history

Communicate with Management.

Moderator: Brian

Forums history

Postby Barmaley » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:37 pm

As I understand these forums have long history. I saw references to old 24, new 24 etc. I think it would be a great idea to tell a concise story about all what did happen before new members came here.
Barmaley

Re: Forums history

Postby Marie5656 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:15 pm

24hourforums have been around for 2 or 3 years. The original owner was a guy named Frank. A few months ago, he decided to give up ownership of 24, and offered it to anyone willing to run the place. Brian took the job. So the Old 24 is when Frank owned it..and this is the new 24.
Many of the folks who have been members have known each other for a few years through this forum, and Forum Garden...which you already know. People have come and gone.
Marie5656
Global Moderator

Postby Linnea » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:21 pm

I think it's been around longer than that and this new version of 24 is completely different than the old one since Brian had to basically start from scratch and none of the old threads got moved. The only thing Brian got from Frank was the name of the forum.
Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Brian » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:53 pm

Linnea wrote:I think it's been around longer than that and this new version of 24 is completely different than the old one since Brian had to basically start from scratch and none of the old threads got moved. The only thing Brian got from Frank was the name of the forum.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Some of the graphics are the same, because I got them directly from Frank, but other than that, it's a brave new world. :)
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby sledge » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:29 am

I actually like this new 24 forum better than the old one. I was a newcomer at the old forum before it closed down.
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Return to 24's Headquarters