Is it alive?

Communicate with Management.

Moderator: Brian

Re: Is it alive?

Postby sledge » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:59 am

I stumble upon the original 24hours forum last year and then the forun changed hands under Brian's leadership as i'm moderating 2 forums here 'Down Under' for anything Australian you will find there and I'm the Aussie connection at 24. Also I maintain the Science-Fiction forum for anything related to sci-fi(one of my keen interests).

What i Like about this forum is the amount of different topics which you can post and reply too. I tend to post in forums that interest me but tend to have alook in other forums to see what's going on. Having 20 odd active posters and generally don't like too bigger forums as you can get lost and overwhelmed. I tend to post here as often as i can sometimes twice a day :hello:
Image
[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
User avatar
sledge
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 am

Re: Is it alive?

Postby 23hourfruitcake » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Barmaley wrote:On Wednesday and Thursday this forum was alive and active with a very lovely discussion on progression. Now it is slow. Is it usually like today or like last week?

You ask many questions.
23hourfruitcake
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Re: Is it alive?

Postby Saint » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Barmaley wrote:What makes you guys to post here? I have found that this is a quality board, it is also pretty active. However, there are only 30 members here. There are a plethora of active and crowded forums with thousands of users. What does unite all of you here?


The original forum was a "grand experiment." It was full of promise and adventure. It was wild and only semi-moderated for better or worse. (Mostly worse.) Unfortunately, that experiment was a failure. As a result we are like the desperate, forlorn survivors of a gold-strike boom town after the gold has panned out. We stick around just because humans are creatures of habit.
User avatar
Saint
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Is it alive?

Postby Brian » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Saint wrote:
Barmaley wrote:What makes you guys to post here? I have found that this is a quality board, it is also pretty active. However, there are only 30 members here. There are a plethora of active and crowded forums with thousands of users. What does unite all of you here?


The original forum was a "grand experiment." It was full of promise and adventure. It was wild and only semi-moderated for better or worse. (Mostly worse.) Unfortunately, that experiment was a failure. As a result we are like the desperate, forlorn survivors of a gold-strike boom town after the gold has panned out. We stick around just because humans are creatures of habit.


Things are often quiet here, but that's not necessarily bad. I think the level of discourse on a few of the threads is pretty high, actually. But of course, that's just my opinion. I'm the kind of person who could spend an hour replying to one post, if it interests me, so I don't mind not having a lot of quantity.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: Is it alive?

Postby Saint » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:18 pm

My requirements for a forum are pretty simple: intelligence in the other posters and a certain level of maturity. I can't stand that "u r pwnd" teenage chat room mentality. Pfft.

That's why I come here, the people here have a brain.
User avatar
Saint
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Is it alive?

Postby Saint » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh, and sorry about the morose comment yesterday, I was having a bad day.
User avatar
Saint
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Is it alive?

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Saint wrote:My requirements for a forum are pretty simple: intelligence in the other posters and a certain level of maturity. I can't stand that "u r pwnd" teenage chat room mentality. Pfft.

That's why I come here, the people here have a brain.


Thanks, Saint. :thumbleft: :toast:
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: Is it alive?

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Saint wrote:Oh, and sorry about the morose comment yesterday, I was having a bad day.


Not a problem. We all have 'em. :)
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
User avatar
Brian
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Previous

Return to 24's Headquarters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron