[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
24hourforums.com • View topic - Question for you mods

Question for you mods

Communicate with Management.

Moderator: Brian

Re: Question for you mods

Postby sledge » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:45 am

[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby Cynicalninja » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:57 am

When modding I don't really mind if a thread goes off topic as long as it doesn't descend into personal slanging matches between members.
Space to let for non-antagonistic signature.
Cynicalninja

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Going a little off-topic is natural. I can remember some religion discussions on the "old" 24 that went so far afield that people had a hard time remembering what the original debate was about. But I think the mod is within his/her rights to pull people back to the original topic if the thread starts meandering pointlessly. Clearly, if the topic of a thread is "The Sopranos", and someone chimes in with, "I really like the Godfather movies!", that's off-topic. They may be related thematically, but they're not the same.

What to actually do about an off-topic thread is up to the mods. As I've said, I tend to only close things down when they start to get acrimonious, but that's just me.
"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby Linnea » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Support mental health care... or I'll kill you.Image
Linnea
Contributor

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:37 pm

"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower
About the things you could not show her."

-- Counting Crows, "A Long December"
Brian
Site Admin

Postby sledge » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

[b]DOCTOR WHO 5OTH ANNIVERSARY 1963 - 2013[/b]
sledge

Postby Cynicalninja » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I generally view forums like conversations, so if the subject goes off topic it doesn' really bother me that much, when people start berating each other though I lose interest, regardless of what people might think of me I never go out seeking confrontation and arguments.
Cynicalninja

Postby 24HourNut » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:29 am

24HourNut
Contributor

Postby Boba » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:51 am

Boba
Contributor

Postby Cynicalninja » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 am

Anyone that actually knows me and deals in reality knows for a fact I am a counter puncher, I NEVER start arguments or confrontations but I reserve the right to speak as I am spoken too and we all know how crabby and obnoxious certain members can be don't we?
Cynicalninja

PreviousNext

Return to 24's Headquarters